Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Does God really love me?



I was going to attempt to revise and reshape this entry from my journal, and when I began it struck me that everything I wanted to share was written already.

I want others to know that God loves them and created them just as purposefully and perfectly as He showed me I was.

So here is a direct quoted excerpt from my journal.

Psalm 139:13-16 “For You formed my inward parts, you covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret; and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance being yet unformed. And in Your book they were all written. The days formed for me when as yet there were none of them.”

Luke 12:7a- “ …but the very hairs on your head are numbered…”

Lord Jesus,

 I am overwhelmed by Your creation and love of me today. Reading the verse about the hairs on my head has sparked an idea of creation in me. You didn’t just haphazardly wave Your hand and toss me together, as an afterthought or as a last minute thing.

My existence did not come as a surprise to You.

~You took Your time with me~

You picked and selected each and every portion and part of me like a divine recipe.

You knew and chose- You wanted me exactly how I am and I am the perfect combination and mixture that You chose to honor You, praise You, and point others to You.


I’m blown away by Your preciseness. If Your word says the hairs on my head are counted, then so is each cell, skin piece, and platelet of blood.

I have this idea in my head of You creating- standing over a mass of living, heart-beating cells and using a paintbrush, measuring spoons, and divine perception to put me together.

Your majestic, Holy fingers shaped my face, eyes, nose, mouth and ears. You chose to make me 5’2 ½” tall. You formed my toe nails and my finger nails. You chose the exact shade of color for each and every strand of hair. You formed my mind. You chose critical thought and organization. You chose to add a heavy dose of music love to my soul. You knew one day You’d speak to me through it. When you created Lily of the Valley thousands of years ago You knew that I’d be walking on my road one day, smell them and deem them my favorite flower. You added dashes of determination and work ethic. You delighted in choosing my talents and gifts. You blessed me with a singing voice to praise You alone. You created my heart to burst with care and affection for those in need. You pulled from Your apothecary of combinations the exact portions of tenderness, gentleness, meekness, and love.

I am Your image-bearer! When I look in the mirror I need to remember that I reflect You.

My heart for mercy is a reflection of Yours. My generous spirit is but a fraction of what You desire to give.

My exact days have numbers attached to them and you knew this day would come when You’d overwhelm me with divine understanding into Your heart of creation.

All of my steps are ordered and You’ve prepared good things for me to walk in one day at a time.


You are Marvelous… this my soul knows very well....










 Linking up with some wonderful writers over at purposefulfaith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment